Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to overcoming cancer, and the home of Australia’s largest cancer research group.
People with cancer and their loved ones are at the heart of everything we do. And by fundraising for Peter Mac, you will make a life-saving difference to people with cancer.
Almost 600 laboratory and clinical researchers work together at Peter Mac. Their research impacts all types of cancer. Together, they are searching for new and better ways to:
- Prevent cancers before they occur
- Detect cancers at an early stage, so that patients have the best chance of cure
- Treat cancers in ways that are more effective, and have fewer side-effects
- Support the psychological wellbeing of patients and their loved ones, both during treatment and beyond
- Cure our patients’ cancers so they can lead long and happy lives, free from cancer.
- Fundraising activities like Unite to Fight Cancer play a crucial role in our cancer research.
Unite to Fight Cancer funds ground-breaking cancer research at Peter Mac. On Sunday 28 October 2018 participants will ride (100km or 60km), run (21km) or walk (21km) to make a life-saving difference for people with cancer. The event calls upon thousands to unite in the fight against cancer by helping Peter Mac accelerate the discovery of cancer cures.